[ale] Mail filters

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Jul 20 11:23:05 EDT 2005

Guys,

I've used SquirrelMail for many years, and have come to rely on its
filtering capability to sort my incoming mail into my various IMAP
subfolders.  So, for example, it moves all mail with '[ale]' in the
subject line to one particular folder, all with '[mailinglistx]' to
another, etc.

I've started using other mail clients here and there, and I've quickly
realized that it frankly sucks to have to start rewriting your mail
filters in "flavor of the day" client's filter tools.

So, I'd like to remove my filters from a particular client and centralize
them in an external tool on the server.  Procmail seems to be designed to
do this sort of thing, but I'm wondering if it's the best choice and what
else might be out there.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
John