[ale] sources.list changes for Debian Etch?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:24:43 EDT 2005

http://www.debian.org/mirror/list-non-US

"Prior to the release of Debian 3.1, United States laws placed
restrictions on the export of certain defense articles, which,
unfortunately, included some types of cryptographic software. PGP and
SSH, among others, fell into this category. It was legal however, to
import such software into the US.

To prevent anyone from taking unnecessary legal risks, some Debian
packages were only available from a site in Leiden, The Netherlands,
until the release of Debian 3.1, which incorporates this software
thanks to changes in United States law. You should not need the non-US
archive unless you are using a version of Debian from before Debian
3.1."