[ale] Best FS to use when doing unclean shutdowns?

Claudia Morlan CMorlan at filink.com
Mon Jul 11 13:19:37 EDT 2005

Hello all,

We are trying to setup a system that will need to be hard shutdown when
it's
deployment time is over (~1-3weeks).
It may be rebooted during this time as well via the power button.

What is the best FS to use for this type of scenario?  There will not be
any
KVM attached to this device.  Also, we are planning on at least 1
partition
to be encrypted on this machinve as well.  Currently it is using Ext2
and
doesn't seem to have had a problem yet with hard shutdowns/etc.

Thanks,
Claudia

Visit us at the 28th Annual BAI Retial Delivery Conference & Expo, November 15-18, 2005 - Orlando FL!

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.
Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately.