[ale] CRASH recover

adrin at bellsouth.net adrin at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 9 15:58:03 EDT 2005

Well,   earlier this week my slackware 10.0  running Kernel 2.6.XXX  crashed.   since I have been busy I have just started to try and repair it until today.   fsck  found major problems. and all my HDD data is now in lost+found.  I have been able to sort out the directories rename them.   Making a backup copy of everything now.

I have noticed that ever since I changed to the new kernel  by upgrading and not reinstalling.  I have had trouble on reboots, Usually due to power failer.   Also with 2.6  my system would hang when  I complied SCSI support in for the Adptec 29160.  Causing fsck to start on the next reboot.

I am just wondering if anyone else knows about problems like this with kernel 2.6?   Thinking about going back to 2.4 since I need my SCSI  backup tape to work just for things like this.  Unless I can get 2.6 to install from the CD and see the SCSI card.

Adrin