[ale] Disabling Cache?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Jul 9 11:56:44 EDT 2005

I had an HP Vectra with a removable cache module that would periodically
just die, whether it was WinME or Linux (with WinME, hardware faults are
hard to pinpoint because the OS crashes so often).  In this case,
though, I seem to recall that memtest86 could run forever without a
problem.  Removing the cache module did slow the machine down, but it
never died again.

Jeff