[ale] Increase in fake mail bounce messages??

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 15:13:29 EDT 2005

I haven't see such on ALE, but elsewhere yes.  Been going on for about
10 days.  Highest day was last Friday with just over 4500.  I haven't
figured out the motive as the sender names are jumbled garbage that only
a poorly configured final destination server would allow in.  I guess
somebody could be doing that to test for some next-gen attack, but I'm
not loosing sleep over it so far. ;-)

-Jim P.