[ale] Recomendation for GUI frontend to MySQL

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Fri Jul 1 19:16:19 EDT 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 09:41 pm, David Corbin wrote:
> > Phpmyadmin is nice. I've used it and think it really helps out with
> > Mysql maintenance.
>
> I'd really prefer a "traditional desktop GUI", to a web app.

MySQL offers two tools that may get you there: MySQL Administrator and MySQL
Query Browser. They are separate programs. For my money, I would still go
with PHPMySQLAdmin. It is really best of breed and mature. I've been using it
off and on for about six years. It's easy to use and and it's rock solid
reliable. That counts for more than the convenience of a GUI, in my book.