[ale] gaim perl plugins

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Jan 31 11:26:23 EST 2005

>>>>> "joh6nn" == joh6nn  <joh6nn at hotpop.com> writes:

[...]

    joh6nn> 1) if perl plguins are enabled by default?  2) how to
    joh6nn> enable them if they're not?  3) how to further
    joh6nn> troubleshoot this?

I use iChat or AddiumX these days, but I want to say:

1) I don't remember, but I want to say no
2) Check the preferences

3) have your plugin print to STDERR in its init routine[1] and run
   gaim from a terminal (i.e. don't start it from an icon or a
   "Run..."dialog) and see if that output shows up there.  Barring
   that, open the controling terminal explicitly[2] and print to
   that instead.  Or both.

[1]  something like: print STDERR qq{I LIVE!\n};

[2]  open( TTY, "/dev/tty" ) or die "open tty: $!\n";
     print TTY qq{I LIVE!\n};
     close( TTY );

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'