[ale] Tax software for Linux

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 01:17:07 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 21:07 -0500, mcangeli at bellsouth.net wrote:
> The online versions of Turbo Tax work in firefox on linux (I filed
> online last year that way....)

TurboTax, in some sort of drug-induced hallucinating mentality, felt
that this year they would restrict TT online to just IE and Netscape
browsers.  Their forums are alive with complaints about this, however
the solution is to change your UserAgent settings to emulate Firefox on
Windows.  However, in Firefox there is no built-in way to change your
UserAgent, you will need an Extension to do that.

Check out this URL for details:
http://www.shaftek.org/blog/archives/000223.html

I've been working on my return for a few days now using Firefox 1.0 on
Linux, all is working well.

-Jim P.