[ale] OT - Open via FTP, my replacement for UltraEdit

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Jan 29 15:13:07 EST 2005

"Nathan J. Underwood" <ale1 at cybertechcafe.net> said:

> I realize that this is probably common knowledge for (most) everyone
> else, but it's taken me a long time to figure it out (see my previous
> posts regarding an UltraEdit like app for Linux).  So, at risk of
> getting flamed, I'm posting it anyway in the event that someone else is
> having the same problem.  In my defense, I've only been [trying to] use
> Linux on the desktop for a short while (well, 1-2 years or so), so I'm
> still feeling my way around.

Nathan,

As an alternative, you might look at one of my favorite editors (and my choice
when I left UltraEdit and Windows behind years ago): jEdit
(http://www.jedit.org).

Many more features than UltraEdit, super-powerful plugins, and the best:
open/save from FTP, and more importantly, S-FTP!

HTH,
John