[ale] help with lib

Barnes, Michael MBarnes at tiaa-cref.org
Wed Jan 26 09:05:00 EST 2005

Try changing the -lcurses to -lncurses
I think it should work then.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]On Behalf Of ringo
davis
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 8:53 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] help with lib

Yes,The makefile was supplied with the project.  Here it is:

navigate.o: navigate.c sailor.h
	gcc -c navigate.c

sailor: sailor.c sailor.h navigate.o
	gcc sailor.c navigate.o -o sailor -lcurses -ltermcap -lm

clean:
	rm *.o

When I started with Redhat this worked fine, then I installed SUSE. ALso I
have been using this makefile all week with cygwin on my wiindows machine
Thanks, Ringo

>From: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
>To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
>Subject: Re: [ale] help with lib
>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:45:57 -0500
>
>ringo wrote:
>>A bunch of lines of "Can't stat /usr/.....
>>Then libncurses.so.5 -> libncurses.so.5.4
>>libncurses.so.4 -> libncurses.so.4.2
>>
>>if I do the same with libcurses I get
>>libnurses.so.1 -> libncurses.so.1.0.0
>
>So you have the library and the system knows where it is.  Are you
>attempting to compile code that comes with a makefile?  If so, can you post

>the makefile?
>
>--
>Until later, Geoffrey

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF