[ale] Subversion usage

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:45:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:30:08 -0500, Barry Hawkins <barry at alltc.com> wrote:

> Pete Hardie wrote:
> | Hello all,
> |
> | As a break from the usually scheduled BellSouth hatefest, I have a
> | question about Subversion - I'm using it at home to version my home
> | projects, and possibly my home dir, as well as the config setups for
> | various installed tools.  Is it better/typical to create a repository
> | per project, or just one big repository with each project a subdir?
> |
> | TIA,
> |
> It agree with the other post that it depends on several factors.
> Fortunately, one of the leading books on Subversion[0] is also open
> source, so you can read and decide for yourself:
>
> [0] - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

"Do not go to the ALEs for advice, for they will say both no and yes"
:->

I checked out the reference and found that even the experts say "It
depends", but I think that the low amount of stuff I'll be putting in
the repository favors the single repository approach

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps