[ale] Webhosting Questions

Parker McGee pmazer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:53:04 EST 2005

I'm not sure if my first message went through, so I'll just send again.

I personally use Dreamhost's $10/month plan, and I have no complaints
about it.  It sounds like exactly what you want:
http://www.dreamhost.com/

I personally have heard anything negative about their service, and
their plan is downright amazing (especially with the free upgrades
going on right now)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:31:17 -0500 (EST), exo
<exodous at m-net.arbornet.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am bit confused here.  I saw some posts here about domain name
> registering, regarding godaddy.com.  Well I got a domain from them.  But
> now the question comes for webhosting.  Domains is one thing, hosting is
> another issue.
>
> Checking google for reviews on godaddy.com webhosting plans - I see lots
> of complaints.  But on their website, I am amazed at 100GB bandwidth and 1
> or 2 gigs of space..and its on linux also :)  But should I go for them?
>
> What is a good recommened webhosting?  I do need linux support (ssh,
> sftp), shell access, Lots of bandwidth (100GB looks great) and minimum of
> 1gig of space.  The reason is that I have to put some big files to be
> downloaded few times a month..so bandwidth is issue.  50GB is fine and
> all..but 100GB or higher is sweet...and then most importantly the price is
> a factor.  With godaddy I get it under 10 bucks per month.  But
> reliability is also there?  Please suggest..
>
> I looked at Canaca <-- 200GB bandwidth and 10gigs webspace for 4
> bucks/month..but reviews for this are horrible - i mean really bad
>
> Dreamhost? I could not find that much reviews on this?
>
> There is Aplus.net and lunarpages.  But I get a lot less from this
> compared to the previous ones.
>
> So Ale'rs would you be kind to suggest me good decent webhosting
> service...or Should I go with godaddy? or others on ....
>
> Thanks once again :)

Parker McGee