[ale] PDA prefs

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Jan 20 14:42:41 EST 2005

No wi-fi, but I love my Garmin Ique.  The GPS and built in phonebook is
a life saver.  Rumors of wi-fi in the memory expansion slot keep
floating around.  External antanea in the car with a suctioncup mount
make the thing amazing for finding places you've never been to or
getting home from a detour on backroads because of construction.

It sync's great with my linux box except you have to have windows to
load new maps as the program is windows only.  I back it up via jpilot
regularly.

The battery will last a full day unless you sit and play games on it all
day long.

Thus spake James P. Kinney III (jkinney at localnetsolutions.com):