[ale] comcast static IP?

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Thu Jan 20 14:02:06 EST 2005

I had two guys wearing comcast badges come to my door earlier today, trying to
sell their phone service. I said I was tied to my land line for DSL because I
needed a static IP to run servers, which they don't offer. The guy said it was
coming, and took my name.

He called back about 2 hours later, and said it was available, and he was going
to get more info and call me back tomorrow or Monday. Anyone else heard of
this?

A quick google search turned up two hits: comcast in new-england seems to offer
several levels of business server, including static IPs. Pricey.
	http://www.comcast-ne.com/business/internet.html

An another link of someone trying to work thru the read tape to get on a static
IP 'beta' list:
	http://matthartley.lockergnome.net/blog/_archives/2005/1/13/241362.html

Anyone else heard of this service in Atlanta?