[ale] Hylafax and Vonage

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Jan 19 22:54:08 EST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 10:18 pm, Jason Fritcher wrote:
| Just curious, because I've read about people trying to make fax machines
| work over voice lines, and have horrible problems. :)

Now I'm confused. Fax machines, which must be nearly 40 years old by
now, have _always_ been designed to work over POTS -- aka a voice
telephone line.  Wireless -- that's a different matter.

Sean,
 who clearly remembers the early fax machines, with the thermal
paper and the cradle to hold the handset.