[ale] Hylafax and Vonage

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Wed Jan 19 20:12:25 EST 2005

Brandon Colbert wrote:
> Upon switching to Vonage, we have lost the ability to connect with
> many of our clients.  30-40% of incoming faxes don't complete and
> about the same number of outgoing ones do not complete. Are there any
> special settings in hylafax to get it to work correctly over VOIP?

Just out of curiosity, did you get a "fax" line from Vonage, or are you
trying to run the fax through your voice line? From what I've read, Vonage
doesn't do anything to make sure fax works on "voice" lines, and might even
do things to hinder it so people sign up for a fax line. Iirc, they even use
a different codec on the fax lines that is fax friendly.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org