[ale] "easy to use" database

Preston Boyington preston.boyington at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 19 12:53:40 EST 2005

disclaimer: I have virutally no real experience with setting up and
admining a database.

Here's what I "think" I need:

1) A relatively easy to use database with (if possible) a web interface
so I can setup personal accounts.

2) I want it to ledger monthly payments

3) I would like it to have some type of search/report feature so I can
pull specific items of information from the personal accounts. (ie. all
birthdays in March, last payments made, if an account is overdue, etc)

4) A "notes" feature so I can input information that doesn't neatly fit
into my designated fields.

5) Some type of budgeting features so I can make projections, log
monthly expenditures, deposits, etc.

6) Expandable so I can add the stuff I forget during the initial layout
(adding fields, etc)

I have heard that Postgres would be a way to go, but I don't know enough
about it to make a decision yet.

any help would be appreciated.
Preston