[ale] Routing slow on certain sites

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Wed Jan 19 04:36:54 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:19:04PM -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:
> The MTU on the Win box could be too high.  If the inside interface on
> the Linux router is less than 1500 then set the WinXP box to match it.
> Dow

I set the mtu on the WinXP box to the same as the Linux box. They are
both at 1500. The mtu on the pppoe connection is at 1492. When I try to
load aol.com through the lan connection, it dies without an error. If I
disable the lan connection and use dialup, it loads quickly. This is
using IE 6 in both cases. Of course there is no problem loading it on
the Linux box (router) :-)

Weird stuff,

Jim Seymour