[ale] ALE NorthWest January Meeting Announcement

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 17 10:02:06 EST 2005

Date: January 20, 2005
Time: 8:00 PM
Location: Clendenin Building
Room: CL 1007

Presenter: Ray Knight

Presentation: Installing Ubuntu Linux on Power Macintosh

My presentation will cover installing Ubuntu Linux on
Power Macintosh hardware.  I will cover the different
types of Power Macintosh hardware, and what systems are
supported by Ubuntu Linux.  I will then demonstrate
an install on a Beige Power Macintosh G3.

Bio: Ray Knight was introduced to Linux in 1993.  He
participates in the Linux community by helping to maintain
the Linux port to Motorola 68k based Macintosh and the
early Nubus based PowerMacs.  Currently he is employed by
ChoicePoint as a Java developer.

--
Until later, Geoffrey