[ale] terminal sharing between users

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Jan 13 10:16:07 EST 2005

Adrin
> Story
> Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:04 PM
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
> Subject: Re: [ale] terminal sharing between users
>
> This is probably worthless.  But I seem to remember once that you can
> have inttab starting the gui login process. I guess starting the
> x-server by default.  The then have the VNC added to the inetd or
xinetd
> your choice.   When the user connects they are prompted with a GUI
login
> screen.  Of course after the VNC login.    Have you checked out
version
> 4 from www.realvnc.com?

I've been using Version 4 intensively now for a couple of months.  I
round that the version shipping with Fedora has many patches that the
one from RealVNC did not include.  With the one from RealVNC I could
easily make it crash, but the one from Fedora never crashes.

Apparently Eclipse tends to tickle a bug in the Xserver code in all
versions of VNC which RedHat has patched in the Fedora releases.

Michael