[ale] sound disappeared (debian)

Adrin Story haswes at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 12 21:57:19 EST 2005

Redhat would do this to me on my work machine.  It would only happen
when I fired up VNC remotely and then connected to the VNC display.  To
fix the sound I would reboot.  I rarely access this machine via standard
keyboard mouse theses days.  I just need to get the ssh port forwarding
through the tunnel to start working now.

Also, in Slackware once you setup the alsaconf.  You need to do a
alsactl store to save the settings.