[ale] Bellsouth DSL

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 10:25:16 EST 2005

Wow...aren't we the a-hole this morning.

<Office Space>

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

</Office Space>
--- Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You can still have all the bandwidth and IP(s) that
> you want with out
> needing to directly connect to port 25 on MY
> servers.  What gives you
> the right to demand complete access to my ports via
> a network that you
> don't own?  I don't want you to block outbound port
> 25, I want your
> provider's provider to do it.

and you are seriously missing the point.

I have a provider that will provide me the services I
want on my terms.  I don't need some yahoo ass admin
somewhere determining for me what I can and cannot do
on my own equipment *REGARDLESS* of the carrier I
chose.

Speedfactory will give me what I ask for, I will give
them money.

If enough people need the services I require, then
they will also move to similar providers, who offer
exactly what they want on their terms.

It's called the free market, and I'm using it.  why
this makes you angry is beyond me.  Sure, I also have
my own SMTP server (which I use when in my house for
my private domains).  The point is *I* have the
freedom to use *WHATEVER* SMTP server *I* decide to
use when I am *WHEREVER* I am at that time.

Neither you, nor Bellsouth, nor god's own ISP up on
the mountain should have the kahunas to presume to
know how better to use my bandwidth (or prevent its
use) than me.

thank god for Speedfactory, and to hell with
BellSouth.

They show no concern for the customer, block ports
that I prefer to use, and are condescending, arrogant
assholes on the phone.

These are the same morons who are using 400 sqft. on
my personal property to host a remote central office,
yet refuse to provision a simple discus system for 3
or 6M service because I am the only person in our area
who has asked for it (yeah, right).  However, they can
decide to use my property, and I have no say-so in the
matter?  Do you think that's fair at all?

They deserve to have as many customers as possible who
are unhappy with their service move elsewhere.  That's
free enterprise.  And if enough people decide they
don't like the service for one reason or another, then
they too can move on.  Eventually, if enough people
vote with their feet, Bellsouth just may look at why
their customer base is leaving them.

Hell, I even use a CLEC for my phone service (soon
vonage) rather than BellSouth.

The point is that Bellsouth gives crappy service to
technically minded people.  Speedfactory gives
MAGNIFICENT service to technically minded people, and
encourage you to manage all your own services from WWW
to SSH to POP&SMTP.

I prefer freedom.