[ale] Python - read in text minus "\n"

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Sat Jan 8 15:14:47 EST 2005

Since the grep result is providing the newline then that's the correct
behaviour (to give you the /n char in your input). But the simplest way
to get rid of it is to cut it off.

input =  x.readline()
input = input[-1] // or input[-2] for a cr/lf input like from Windows

That do it or did I missunderstand your question?

       Ben Scherrey