[ale] iTunes on Linux

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Thu Jan 6 22:53:20 EST 2005

Christmas saw the mini iPod count rise around my house.  I am now
managing three iPods from one Ti Powerbook.  This has caused a few mild
disasters as I have learned to juggle the songs on a system that was
only meant to work for one person.  What would really set me free would
be to put iTunes on my wife's desktop and my daughters laptop. (Sun
Java Desktop and MDK 9.0)

Are any of my fellow ALE's finding solutions around a similar problem?

This may need a separate thread...

I emailed a guy named Jared at www.zeleksoftware.com and asked him
about his iTunes replacement program that runs on OSX and Win.  His
website stated he'd consider a linux port.  Seems he doesn't know a lot
about Linux but said if we as a list, wanted to show our interest in a
Linux port of his program called Liberator, he would like to hear from
us and would seriously consider it.

I did not get into it with him but I imagine there are folks on this
list capable of porting his software.  Feel free to email him and let
him know your thoughts.

support at zeleksoftware.com

Mark Wright