[ale] NW ALE meeting

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 6 15:33:56 EST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 14:34, Geoffrey wrote:
> David S. Jackson wrote:

> > PPS. Another idea I've been itching to talk about is the basics of
> > photography.  I'm pretty new myself, but I've been reading up on
> > basics like depth of field, composition, film speed, and feel I have
> > a basic understanding of what the "point and shoot" settings on
> > digital and film cameras actually accomplish.  Since most everyone in
> > the group is pretty geeky, understanding how a camera actually works
> > (either digital or film) might be of interest.  Also, editing and
> > organizing your collection could be good topics.
>
> Oooh, put something together and we can have a presentation on that as
> well. :)

That sounds like a cool idea! My oldest son thankfully dropped my old Vivitar
1.3 megapixel camera, so I got a Nikon Coolpix 3200 for Christmas. Trying to
learn a little bit more about digital photography - other than Digikam for
albums and e-mailing out.

If anyone (anyone, please?) is more cluefull about The Gimp, I would
definately go to a presentation. I've done basic cropping and resizing, but
want to learn more of the in-depth stuff (and how to put a copyright on a
digital image).
Bruce