[ale] Question about USB modems and Linux.

John Cole jcole at filink.com
Tue Jan 4 11:12:37 EST 2005

Howdy all!

I'm working on a project for adding a modem to some servers that we manage.
Currently they are 1u boxes.  It has an external com port but it is
currently unavailable.  We have in stock some cute little HP e-Modems model
UM9100-U.  Does anyone know if these are compatible with linux?  The linux
version is based on the 2.4.23 kernel and can not be easily upgraded.
Barring this, are there any inline USB modems that work with linux?  If not
at all, are there any PCI combo 10/100/100 + modem cards available?

Thanks,
John Cole, TICSA
FiLink

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.
Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately.