[ale] Qemu experiences (or.....wow!)

Ennogaddado Vito marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 00:55:07 EST 2005

Trey Sizemore wrote:

>I just installed this and want to give it a whirl.  Does it work like
>VMWare in that I can install Win2000 virtually and run from this
>machine?  If so, just a pointer or two on starting this up.
>
>Thanks.

I've been toying with it, myself...  I can't get it to boot anything on
a floppy or in the CD drive.  I've been using variations on this command:

qemu -boot a /dev/fd0

or

qemu -boot d /dev/cdrom

I'd like to try installing OS2 and Solaris, if I could, and perhaps BeOS
too...  anybody have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong?