[ale] Tunnel presistence connection issue

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 24 10:55:47 EST 2005

Have you reduced the ppp MTU size?  Are the internal machines behind the
tunnel with a MTU of 1420 or smaller?  My ppp connections always worked
best if the internal interface of the LAN firewall/tunnel machine was
set to 1420 and all the internal LAN used 1420 instead of 1500 for the
MTU.  Just a thought and I really have no idea what is going on.  Just a
guess,
Dow