[ale] VMware ESX Server Alternative

Nick Travis wormfishin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:52:30 EST 2005

I'm looking to implement a VMware ESX server, but I wanted to know if
anyone had any other suggestions, what I need to do is run about 6-8
windows desktops(2000 and XP) on one server.  I'm not worried about
the horsepower on the server.  It's got quad 3ghz processors and 12gb
of ram.  Each of the virtual machines will have a good amount of
network traffic, but will have very little interaction with the hard
drives.  If the test works out it will be rolled out to 10 machines or
so at which point the licensing become pretty expensive.  Anyone have
any experience with something like this?

Nick