[ale] A free alternative to VMWare and Win4Lin

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Sat Feb 19 23:14:17 EST 2005

> Thank you for the clarification.
>
> I fail to recognize the merit of this idea of increasing complexity.
> Isn't Winders unstable enough without bringing down both ?
>
> Why not use a KVM switch and put both, but separate, on a local LAN ?

Well, for instance:

I'm setting up a test suite at the office.  B/c of the range of folks
visiting our pages (intelligent to idiot), I end up needing:

Linux, OSX, Windows 2k, Windows XP, Windows 98.

Oh, but I need htem patched and unpatched.  B/c we have a lot of idiots :o

I started setting it up, but I ran out of the 6 ports I had available on
the KVM :o  So I'm looking to run virtual setups and stick it all on one
box instead :)

--attriel