[ale] [OT] I just bought an iBook, what now

Alan Stewart astewart at layton-graphics.com
Fri Feb 18 11:38:30 EST 2005

Last time I looked iBooks come with Appleworks, so you've got a word
processor, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, painting....

If you have kids that will have access to this computer  you're going to
want to look at the parental controls in the System Preferences.

Nathan J. Underwood wrote:

> Well, we had an issue come up that required a Mac to test, which
> prompted the purchase of an iBook from Micro Center (spur of the
> moment thing, but the experience was pleasant).  At any rate, it's
> ours now, and I've never used one before (well, that's untrue, but the
> last Apple that I tinkered with was an Apple ][, it's been a while).
> After tinkering with it for most of the day, I've gotta say I really
> like it, I just don't know what to *do* with it.  I've got FireFox and
> Thunderbird installed (that was easy), and I have 2 user accounts
> setup on it.  My question is, what now?  Are there any 'standard apps'
> that you guys can suggest?  Anything I need to watch out for?

| D. Alan Stewart                                                      |
| Senior Software Architect                                            |
| Layton Graphics, Inc.                                                |