[ale] OT Shot in the dark, cli image viewer

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Feb 15 16:37:30 EST 2005

    Nathan> Is there anything that I can use to view an image via an
    Nathan> ssh terminal session into a *nix box (FC3)?  What I would
    Nathan> like to have is something that would allow me to type (for
    Nathan> example) "view foo.gif" from the command line, and see the
    Nathan> picture.  Don't need to modify it, just need to view it.

Presuming the other box has it loaded and you've got ssh X forwarding
enabled (either by config or by giving the -X flag to ssh) and working
(it should just work, but sometimes there may be xauth problems due to
hostnames not matching up) you should just be able to run gqview or
eog or any other X image view program and it should pop right up on
your local display.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'