[ale] OT Shot in the dark, cli image viewer

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Feb 15 16:22:43 EST 2005

A long time ago, (15.02.05), in a galaxy far, far away, Nathan J. Underwood...:

:=Is there anything that I can use to view an image via an ssh terminal session
:=into a *nix box (FC3)?  What I would like to have is something that would
:=allow me to type (for example) "view foo.gif" from the command line, and see
:=the picture.  Don't need to modify it, just need to view it.

I thought 'xv' let you provide image names on the command line.  It also
lets you alter images, but if you're just looking to view it it has that as
well.

Hope this helps.

--
Dylan Northrup - docx at io.com - http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's