[ale] Re: Re: speedfactory dsl router setup

Frank fivey at attglobal.net
Mon Feb 14 19:01:04 EST 2005

Ok here's the latest. I may have been a little early on my router/dsl
modem firmware thing.

Since I can't login to speedfactory via the router/dsl modem (PPPoE
authentication fail), dialup via my SuSE box (We failed to authenticate
ourselves to the peer), or the speedfactory web login, I decided to take
all that out of the equation.

I booted my dual boot (Suse 9.2 Pro/Win XP) laptop at work to XP.
Download, installed, and setup speedfactory's "Speed Start" client. I
used the exact userid and password as in my account setup email from
speedfactory. Dialed in to speedfactory dialup... Drum roll please....
bingo error "Access was denied because the username and /or password was
invalid on the domain".

I've sent an email to speedfactory support and asked them to reset my
password and check my account setup again. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Stay tuned to the next episode....

Thanks for all the help.

Frank