[ale] Re: Suse 9.2 on Dell D600

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Sat Feb 12 15:15:12 EST 2005

Forgot what ate up most of my time yesterday: touchpad:

Out of the box on Suse 9.2 the touchpad works for moving the mouse
curser around, the buttons and the nipple work too, and tap works to
send mouse 1 movements. Unfortunately, verticle scrool did not work.

To get that working, I downloaded the synaptics driver from:
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ and followed the instructions.
The D600 actually has an alps touchpad, which is also supported by this
driver, though the configuration is a lot different (there is a
readme.ALPS included in the tarball that's a lot of help). Now, my
vertical scroll works as expected.

I'm giving a couple of weeks, just in case, before I nuke the windows
half of this disk, but thus far, all looks very well. I threatened to
load linux on my wife's HP at dinner last night, and the response was
not favorable, unfortunately. Some things probably aren't worth sleeping
on the couch...

Mike

--

Mike Murphy