[ale] New Linux setup

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 12 09:28:20 EST 2005

Hi all,
    Got a strange one this morning.  Overnight I set up a new gentoo
box.  All went as expected.  Problem is that when booting up the machine
queries my dsl modem for an dhcp address and from there the modem goes
nuts.  Sometimes the modem hangs, sometimes it reboots, sometimes it
disconnects.  I think that I might have something misconfigured in the
kernel, but nothing pops out at me.  The networking  portion of the
kernel is setup like my other 3 gentoo boxes.  I was hoping someone has
come across a similar issue.  Thanks.

Calvin