[ale] Info on OpenLDAP

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 11 11:00:20 EST 2005

I'm insterested in using OpenLDAP, but at this point it would be limited
to establishing a global address book so that I can have access to it
from different locations/mail clients (home desktops, laptop, etc. -> my
machies).  Also, if others needed to access the address book, they could
as well.  I was looking for some guidance on how to set this up.  I've
go *no* experience here other than a passing knowledge of what this
protocol is and how it might be used in this situation.

Any poiniters from experience LDAP users is appreciated.

I'm assuming I need to have a server set up for this.

Thanks.
--
  Trey Sizemore
  trey at fastmail.fm