[ale] Perl + CDDB

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:25:04 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:02:29 -0500, Christopher Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to write some programs to automate converting my massive
> CD collection into MP3s.  I see there is a CDDB module but it does not
> seem to read the info from the CD.  Anyone have this figured out?  I could use
> mp3c to create a script but I want more control.

I've got a collection of shell scripts that use cdparanoia, lame, and
the older cd-reading program to do this.  I've got plans to convert it
to python, but the shell scripts work.  I've also got some that will
email the resulting MP3s to my work so I can listen there.

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps