[ale] anybody know how to setup network printing under Suse 9.0 ?

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 11 01:39:30 EST 2005

Under SuSE 9.x CUPS is shipped in a much more secure mode.  If your
FreeBSD box is wide open for printing via CUPS or port 9100 or lpr
remote printing with no restrictions then it is the client side that is
choking.  In the CUPS server file you'll have to disable some of the
restrictions.  I don't remember the CUPs conf file syntax off the top of
my head but I know you shouldn't have any problems running as client
only when using Yast2 to configure the printer.  If the client only
option is failing (you aren't running a CUPs server only sending CUPs
requests to the FreeBSD box) then it is the BSD box that is refusing
your request.

So use client mode first and look at your BSD box logs.  I agree with
Geof on using Yast2 first.  I'd say that you should run a CUPs server on
the BSD box and have client only mode on the clients.
Dow