[ale] [Sorta OT] Thinkpad 600x TV out

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 11 01:31:56 EST 2005

The driver for the NM256ZX was not a bad piece of code at the time it
was written but was not polished by any means.  The author might work on
it for you if you send him your laptop or allow remote access.  ;-)  I
had no problems with using it under SUSE 7.x but in 9.x it doesn't
always load properly.  Many crashes/lockups on boot going straight to
init 5 with xdm.  I believe since the chip controls sound and video that
overlaps in memory space occur with the ALSA and video code.  Just my
opinion due some experience troubleshooting a Dell Latitude CPt 333 last
year.
Dow