[ale] [Sorta OT] Thinkpad 600x TV out

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 10 15:37:35 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 12:17:25PM -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I had a similar TP. A 600e (I belive). The s-video out is not on by
> default. It requires a special chunk of software to turn it on on. The
> default OS on those was Win98. There is a a Linux driver that will turn
> it on. I tested it nce and decided it really looked crappy on my TV.

I downloaded the tpctl package and it reports the TV out connector is
disabled.  I looked for a setting in the BIOS, but couldn't find
anything.  I don't know at this point though if the tpctl software is
enough to enable the connector, but my cable is bad, or if I'm missing
another piece of software.  Do you have any pointers to the linux
driver?  I've been unsuccessful with google so far...

> Check these links for some more info:
> http://www.linux-thinkpad.org/
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html

Thanks, I'll give these a look.