[ale] [Sorta OT] Thinkpad 600x TV out

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 10 11:08:46 EST 2005

A few months back, I got a thinkpad 600x from a surplus equipment
auction at work.  No manual or software, but gentoo installed on it just
fine.  I noticed a TV out connector on it, so I googled the part number
and bought a cable off of ebay.  Unfortunately, I can't get any signal
to the TV.  At this point, I don't know if the cable is bad, or if I'm
just not configuring the thinkpad properly.  I don't even know if the TV
out connector needs some proprietary windows-only software.

Does anybody have any experience with this?  Is there any way for me to
tell if the cable I bought is bad?

Thanks,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9