[ale] Webcrawlers can harvest ALE Archive E-mail Addresses

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Feb 10 08:39:23 EST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 07:27 am, Geoffrey wrote:

> I have a problem with not archiving posts to the list. ?It will break
> threading, for one. ?It will defeat a major purpose of the list.

On the web archive, which does not fully thread to begin with. Should have
*no* effect on threading (or personal archiving) in our mail readers.

I was just testing the possibility, would much prefer the public archives
simply strip out addresses. If someone needs to reply to a years old
message they should subscribe and ask on the list.
--
William