[ale] OT: Development practices

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Feb 9 16:39:02 EST 2005

    John> Guys, I run a development shop in Greensboro, NC.  For years
    John> before I came, the shop was run in a very chaotic way...no
    John> policies or procedures...just code and fix.

[...]

Granted the guy's a former M$ employee (worked on Excel, I believe,
which is one of M$' two decent products (the other being the original
Natural keyboard, but then again I think they outsourced that so it
may not count :)), but check out "The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better
Code" for a pretty good bare minimum checklist:

And the 'Joel On Software' blog in general:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'