[ale] OT: Netflix issues

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Feb 9 16:09:59 EST 2005

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

[...]

    Christopher> i'm not suer how BB will fare against NF.  I like NF
    Christopher> because the disti is in Duluth and they have an
    Christopher> amazing selection.  I like to watch stuff other than
    Christopher> the latest blockbuster.

    Christopher> One of my last rentals was the PBS video of Frontier
    Christopher> House.  Not sure if BB will have that one.

An interesting article on this topic in Wired; basically services like
Netflix have gobs of requests for things outside the "mainstream" hits
(I think the article says 99% in some cases):

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.10/tail_pr.html

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'