[ale] Nvidia vs ATI on low cost laptops

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 5 22:23:42 EST 2005

Also, the performance of the drivers for ATI have not been optimized at
all if they are from an open source project.  Only the closed source
drivers from ATI have any real optimizations but I think they are still
pretty beta or alpha from what I've read.  Maybe the latest version
would be better than what I read in a magazine article this past month.
Dow