[ale] ifup problems, possible IPv6

Yu, Jerry Jerry.Yu at Voicecom.com
Thu Feb 3 14:40:41 EST 2005

if ifconfig or ip or alike triggering the ipv6 module loading, any init
script before 'network' in rc5/rc3 (or whichever run level) can do what
Geoffrey wants to do.
If all ipv6 modules gets renamed/purged physically off the disk, will
ifconfig or its wrapper be tolerant enough to continue on with ipv4 config
and forget about the aborted ipv6 branch?