[ale] Printer recommendations

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Feb 2 16:01:28 EST 2005

I feel that it is time to retire my HP DeskJet 540 that I've had since
91. We've been thinking about an all-in-one printer. My wife just wants
the copy/print/scan functions, I'd prefer to include Fax function as
well since our current Fax amchine seems to go through film very
quickly. My inclination is to go with the HP OfficeJet 5510, but I'm
finding a lot of negative comments on this unit. Microcenter is
advertising it for $119.00 as well as a Brother that also includes
ethernet interface built in
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0180570

Any opinions? I know that laser maybe the way to go but the printer
would have to print color as well from digital photos and laser tech I
don't think is there yet, at least within my financial reach.

TIA