[ale] simple question

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Feb 1 11:27:46 EST 2005

Drive manufacturers advertise disk size in base 10. Computers report disk
size in base 2.

> Does one percent bad blocks for a brand new, just out of the
> box, hard drive sound unusual?

If it's a Maxtor, not at all. If it IS a Maxtor, I'd return it.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:16:20 -0500